Prep Time 30 Mins Cook Time 30 Mins
- 3/4 Lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 1/4 Lb. or 2 Links hot Italian sausage
- 2 Cans diced tomatoes with garlic basil & olive oil
- 3/4 Box whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 package Spinach or Mixed Power greens
- 1 1/2 cups part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- Brown Turkey meat and Sausage in large skillet sprayed with olive oil pam.
- While meat is browning boil water for pasta and cook according to directions.
- Once meat is browned add tomatoes and bring to a slight boil. (You can add more garlic here is you wish we LOVE garlic in our house)
- Then add in greens ( you can really add any vegetables here mushrooms zucchini squash) I used to mixed power greens with chard, kale, spinach.
- Once greens are wilted add pasta sauce and bring to a boil.
- Combine pasta and sauce in skillet
- Stir in 1/2 of the cheese.
- Cook covered at 400 degrees for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven uncover and top with remaining cheese.
- Cook for a additional 10 mins or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Let sit for 5 mins then serve and enjoy.