This is a light and fresh pasta that we enjoy usually during the summer time when I can get good mixed cherry tomatoes from the farmers market. Can be made with chicken or scallops also.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time 20 Mins
- 1 Lb. Peeled and Deveined Shrimp
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. diced garlic
- 2 cups spinach
- I pint cherry tomatoes (I like the mixed ones)
- 8 oz. Whole wheat linguini
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil water according to pasta directions. Cook as directed
- Heat olive oil over med/high heat
- Add garlic and cook for 30-60 secs making sure not to burn
- Add Shrimp and cook until opaque
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 mins or until the begin to burst
- Add spinach and cook until wiled.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking liquid and drain pasta
- Add pasta to shrimp mixture and toss to combine.
- Add pasta water slowly until past is coated ( you won’t need it all)
- Toss with parmesan cheese and fresh cracked black pepper
- Serve immediately and enjoy